Have you recently gotten into the hobby of hiking? If so, join the club! Hiking is a wonderful way to be one with nature, cleanse your lungs with fresh air, exercise, and meet like-minded individuals. Whether you’re an early riser or prefer unwinding at the end of the day, you’re sure to find tons of benefits that come along with hiking. Grab your favorite plaid wool blanket and cozy up to read this blog. We’ve put together our top tips for beginner hikers.
- Invest in good shoes. We have gone through so many different types of brands and finally found our “go-to” hiking boots 4 years ago. It’s worth the investment to not have blisters and sore feet. Your feet will thank you!
- Start small. Don’t aim to climb the highest peak nearby. Ease into hiking. Chances are, you will be sore the next day. Get used to the terrain and feeling.
- Check the weather. And double check. And pack accordingly! Weather can change in an instant. Be sure to pack a good warm wool blanket, rain gear, and emergency supplies. Never leave home without a whistle and a compass.
- Let someone know where you are going. Better yet, bring a friend!
- Leave no trace. Keep the trails exactly how you found them. Pack your trash in and out.
- Pack camping gear essentials. Below is our general packing list:
Extra wool socks
Gray wool blanket-the best wool blankets!
Green wool blanket-the best camp wool blankets!
- Pace yourself. Don’t drink all your water. Ease into hiking and enjoy the journey. Do what you can, when you can.
- Take time to relax. Pack light but pack snacks. Set up a small picnic with your camping wool blanket to take in the sights and refuel
- Keep it simple. Check out your local trails. Watch the time and be sure you’re not hiking when it gets dark.
- Have fun!