One thing we can never say no to….is bread. A beautiful crunchy loaf of bread is a versatile food that you can incorporate with so many dishes. There’s nothing quite like baking fresh bread in the fall and winter seasons. The smell, the coziness, and the taste make for a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Even in the summer, a great loaf of bread goes perfectly for a lunchtime meal on the porch or outside. Grab your best wool blanket (It’s great as a picnic blanket!) We offer a range of quality wool blankets. Our wool blanket options include gray wool blanket, cream wool blanket, ivory wool blanket, green wool blanket, camp blankets, farmhouse blankets, 100% wool blankets, and checkered wool blankets. We also offer wholesale wool blanket options. Wool blankets make a beautiful present and a unique corporate gift.
- 3/4 cup millet
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups filtered water
- 3 tbs psyllium powder
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free rolled oats (divided) OR almond meal
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs pure maple or raw honey
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Seeds for topping pumpkin, sesame, chia etc
- Combine the quinoa and millet in a bowl of water. Cover and set aside to soak overnight or for at least 10 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees (330 F.) Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Combine the water with psyllium powder. Set aside to thicken.
- Pour the soaked quinoa and millet into a mesh strainer and rinse well. Drain thoroughly then place in a food processor with 3/4 cup of oats OR almond meal, baking powder, sea salt, oil and maple (or honey).
- Add the psyllium mixture and blend until completely combined and the grains are mostly broken down.
- Add in the remaining oats/almond meal and blend again.
- Transfer the dough into the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Top with oats and seeds of your choice. (I used gluten free oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and black sesame seeds)
- Using a sharp knife, score the top of the loaf in several places.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and re-cut the places where you scored. This will allow the air out of the dough to ensure it's cooked through. Bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool. Slice and enjoy!